Monday 7 April 2014

[REVIEW] Chanel Le Blanc Whitening Moisturising Cream, Le Blanc Light Revealing Whitening Makeup Base, Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder



 Hi everyone ! I hope it has been a great start to the week for all of you. 

 Today I'm going to share with you 3 Chanel items which I treated myself to as a birthday gift  for (sorry wallet!).  







(TOP From left : Le Blanc Whitening Moisturising Cream, Le Blanc Light Revealing Whitening Makeup Base,  Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder) 

The bottom 2 items are actually samples so kindly ignore them. Sorry for the strand of hair that I suddenly realised it was there after I took this picture :P) 



1. LE BLANC WHITENING MOISTURIZING CREAM TXC - CRÈME FINE






This is, by far , the silkiest cream I have ever come across. The feeling is like applying a primer on my face and is awesome under make up. It just feels really luxurious. I reckon it should given the price tag. Anyway it didn't disappoint so far :)

It claims to brighten up dull and yellow skin tones as well as reduce the appearance of dark spots and pigmentations. I've not noticed any difference in terms of my skin tone because I'm using this only once a day in the morning before my makeup. I make it a point to apply a cream or serum with whitening function at least once a day, because I feel that in sunny Singapore, there's bound to be a certain level of exposure to UV rays even with sunscreen on, so a whitening product can help to regulate the melanin production and keep the spots at bay.. I hope?!

Another thing that I'm really in love with this cream is the packaging. It comes in a typical Chanel classy white frosted jar but the jar lid is made wide enough to hold the spatula that comes with the cream just before closing the lid. I tend to always lose these spatulas at some point for my other creams, so this is really thoughtful n smart packaging for me.

What I do not like about this product?  The price tag. This cost $150 at Chanel counters. I guess at this price, I expected it to do more wonderful things :P. 



2. BLANC LIGHT REVEALING WHITENING MAKEUP BASE SPF 35 / PA+++ 

I've been eyeing this for a while now. As the name says it is makeup base that contains pearl protein extracts that instantly brightens any dull skin and provides an illuminating effect. 

I really like this because it just gives a natural yet visible glow. I picked the Rosée shade as it is meant to refresh tired and dull complexions with a radiant dream glow. I also like that it helps to neutralise my yellowy skin tone. The texture is quite watery but glides on smoothly onto skin and it makes skin looks good even just wearing this alone ! 

Although this comes in a pretty small container, I use only a few drops at one time because 
I tried once using more product and my skin got so white I looked scary. So a little of it makes a lot of difference. 


3. LES BEIGES - HEALTHY GLOW SHEER POWDER in N10 

This powder is super fine and light weight.  It has an ultra-protective formula, enriched with cotton flower and white rose plant cells which are soothing and gentle to the skin. Essentially it is a finishing powder to be used as a last step in your skin up routine. It comes in a gorgeous white casing with a brush included. The brush is separated with the powder with a sturdy plastic divider which again makes me in awe of Chanel's packaging!





I have mix reactions to this powder. I love that it gives a satin flawless finish with a slight dewy look. However, this does not control oil well. So I wouldn't recommend for those with oily skin. It actually comes in a pretty big compact, so I feel this is probably the best value for money item out of the 3 items I got as I think this can last me for at least 1 to 2 years? This is retailing for about $84 at Chanel counters.


No comments:

Post a Comment