Thursday 29 May 2014

[REVIEW] Mamonde Real Skin Founder SPF 33/PA++


Hey guys! Today I'm back with a review on a new foundation pact - the Mamonde Real Skin Founder. The word founder is actually a combination of the words 'Foundation' and 'Powder'. It provides coverage and helps set makeup all in one pact ! Perfect for those who just doesn't want to go through a whole regime of base make up every morning. 


Read on to find out what I think about this product :)






Gorgeous Yuri from SNSD fronting the brand :)







It comes in two shades and I got shade #1 which suits my skin tone quite well.


My review 

What I like about this product:



  • Firstly I would say the coverage did not disappoint me. With just one swipe of the product, it is enough to cover blemishes and redness on my face. So I think one pact is enough to last quite a long time and ideal for those who are looking for a foundation with good coverage. 
  • Secondly, even though this is quite a thick formula, the foundation glides onto my skin pretty easily and can be blended onto skin without much trouble. It also brightens up skin very naturally. I also like that it has a semi-matte natural finish. What I really like about this is that it is non-sticky and has a powdery feel to it after you apply it on your face which is great for those living in humid weathers like myself. 

What I do not like about this product :
  • The biggest issue I have with this foundation is how it just creases at the corners of my mouth and eye areas. When I smile, the lines become so visible it is like I have aged 5 years older all of a sudden :( 
  • This foundation is also not forgiving on dry skin patches. It just accentuates the patchiness even more.
  • I also do not think it is advisable to build coverage with this foundation because it tends to get cakey. So if you are using this, be aware of the amount of product you apply. Best to dap a little at a time and check the mirror to see if it gets caked up.Because it gets cakey, I am also unable to bring this compact out with me because I am weary of retouching my makeup with this.
  • The level of sun protection. Although it is minor issue for me but I am quite used to using my other BB/foundation cushions which provide SPF50+++. So I would have to be mindful to use a sunscreen with higher SPF before apply this product. 






Before (there are some red patches on my cheeks)



 After 


All in all, I was slightly disappointed in the product , maybe because I had quite a high expectation of it after so reading many good reviews. But I bought this for 21,000KRW on Gmarket which is about SGD25? (without refill). At this price I think it is a pretty good product I would say. This would be great for those who are looking for an all in one (Foundation + Powder) product.

Have you guys tried this product as well? Let me know what you think and if you like my review :) 


Thank you! 



No comments:

Post a Comment