Monday 5 May 2014

[REVIEW] Hera UV Mist Cushion [Au Jour Le Jour edition]


Even when you have a huge make up stash, you just can't get enough huh?

I have a major obsession with cushion compacts recently and its not residing anytime soon. So sorry pls bear with my cushion reviews! Etude House Magic Any Cushion coming up soon :).  Anyway the HERA UV MIST CUSHION has already been widely reviewed by many bloggers! I decided to purchase this because I really love the HERA CC Cream and wanted to see if the cushion is as amazing. My friend was visiting Korea for her wedding photoshoot and she managed to get the limited edition for me. The packaging is designed by a French designer that was doing a collaboration with Hera. 


Look how cute is it ?!!







Coverage : I chose the one with the natural coverage [Shade N21]. I made a mistake of not doing a proper research before deciding on the shade thinking that 21 should not be a problem since I had the same number for the Laneige and IOPE cushions and the shades were right for my skin tone. But the 21 for this HERA cushion is slightly lighter than the rest. So I've not been able to be too heavy handed with this otherwise my face will be geisha-like. 

Although this is the natural coverage range, but the coverage is nearer to medium , higher than the Laneige and Lirikos' Cushions. But I still need a concealer for my redness and blemishes. The HERA cushion gives a dewy finish.




Right side of my hand was dabbed with a layer of the uv mist cushion.


Scent : This has a subtle pleasant floral scent. 

Sun protection : Similar to other cushions that I have, they all provide high SPF which I love. This has SPF 50/ PA+++.

Price : This cushion is the most expensive one that I own. It is retailing for 45,000KRW in Korea. It comes with one refill.

My thoughts..
Honestly I was slightly disappointed with the cushion because the HERA CC Cream was so awesome. Given the price, I was expecting a little more. Other then having it a shade lighter than my normal skin tone, this couldn't really cover up the redness on my cheeks and blemishes. The rest of its features are comparable to the rest of the cushions that I already have. So it didn't really wow me as I was expecting it to..  I feel that there are cheaper options that can deliver the same or better results. But I think the packaging made up for it. I just want to reach out to it every morning! 









No comments:

Post a Comment